Polish-American historian, born in Passaic, New Jersey. He is a professor emeritus of European history at the New Jersey City University, a former executive director and president of the Polish Institute of Arts & Sciences of America (PIASA) and the Polish American Historical Association, and a trustee and vice-chair of The Kosciuszko Foundation. His scholarly interests are focused on areas such as Polish and Polish-American 20th-century history. He received both the M.A. (1953) and Ph.D. (1966) at Fordham University. He began teaching at what was then known as Jersey City State College in 1959, being promoted to associate professor in 1966, and to professor in 1969.